Living Libations Perfect Pearl Powder is a pristine, deep sea-dream for polished skin and pearly whites.
Created from nourishing Pearl Nacre sourced from deep in the South Seas, this ancient beauty care preparation is used to infuse skin and teeth with beneficial ingredients.
For over three thousand years, pearl powder has been a staple of Chinese health and beauty. Women used Pearl powder to slow the signs of aging and fight the appearance of wrinkles. Pearl powder was also applied externally and taken internally by ancient peoples throughout India, Egypt, and the indigenous cultures of South and Central America. Cleopatra was a big fan of Pearl powder for her skin, as was Wu Zetian, the only female emperor in China’s long history. Today, Pearl powder is used for its beautifying properties in skincare products and to polish teeth.
Perfect Pearl Powder
Use: Use a dash with pure water, any of our Best Skin Evers or our Frankincense Honey Mask to create a smoothing, strengthening facial mask or gentle exfoliator. It also makes a wonderful addition to your tooth-brushing regimen; add a pinch to any of our oral serums to polish your pearly whites or mix with Coconut oil for a pulling serum.
- Extra Exfoliation: add a dash to a damp facecloth and a squirt of Best Skin Ever to boost this gentle method of cleansing.
- Acne, Blemish, Scar, Spot Cleanser: add one drop of a DewDab to a pinch of Perfect Pearl Powder, apply to area and leave on for as long as possible, or overnight.
- Combine a squirt of a Best Skin Ever or Serum with a dash of Perfect Pearl Powder and massage into face to cleanse and revive. Rinse. Apply one squirt of serum to moisturize.
- Add a tiny pinch to your toothbrush with one drop of Tooth Serum (Yogi, Mint & Myrrh or Happy Gum Drops) and brush teeth for two minutes.
- Add one pinch to one teaspoon of Coconut oil for 15 minutes of Oil Pulling.
Pearl powder - Pteria martensiiOur precious Pearl powder is obtained from the Pearl Nacre of 4-year old Pinctada maxima oysters who live in and around the Eastern Archipelago of Indonesia’s South Seas. Within the tissues and shell surrounding each perfect Pearl are nourishing compounds that fortify and strengthen the Pearl just as they rejuvenate human skin and teeth. Pearl powder is an ancient Eastern beauty remedy celebrated to improve the appearance of the skin, dim dark spots, and smooth fine lines polish teeth, and cleanse blemishes.Chicory root - Cichorium intybusChicory root is an affable prebiotic that boasts an abundance of action for skin and oral care.Sodium BicarbonateAlso known as baking soda, Sodium Bicarbonate is significantly less abrasive than commercial toothpastes and has a natural whitening agent.Rosemary - Rosmarinus officinalisRousing Rosemary is an herbaceous revive-alive-verve-tonic with a refreshing, penetrating aroma. Think of Rosemary as the feisty friend that stimulates sluggishness out of its stagnancy, with its renewed freshness.